Here are the Terms and Conditions for the #KickOffWithCrabbies competition, launched on the Cardiff Blues Twitter account. Make sure you head over to @cardiff_blues and RT for your chance to win.
Entering the promotion
1. Entrants to the Kick-Off with Crabbie’s promotion (the Promotion) are bound by these terms and conditions and entries to the Promotion will only be accepted in the form as detailed in these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is open only to residents of the UK, aged 18 and over. Entrants may be required to provide proof of their date of birth.
3. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Promotion: (i) employees of any business involved or associated with the Promotion (including the Promoter and its associated companies, any appointed agency and any other agent or representative); and (ii) any such person’s family or household members.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected or not received for whatever reason, which will be disqualified. Neither the Promoter nor any appointed agent will accept responsibility for any technical, network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind or any unauthorised intervention in any part of the entry process or the processing of entries.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these terms and conditions.
7. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to avoid causing undue disappointment to consumers but reserves the right to amend or withdraw this Promotion where necessary if circumstances arise that are beyond its control.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event legal fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages otherwise increased. Subject to clause 11, and subject to any liability arising as a result of its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, the Promoter’s liability for claims related to this promotion is limited to a maximum of one thousand pounds.
10. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the Promotion or from any prize.
11. There are two stages to the Promotion: Stage 1 and Stage 2.
12. Stage 1 of the Promotion requires entrants to follow the @cardiff_blues Twitter account and re-tweet a tweet as set out below.
13. Entrants must have access to the Internet and their own Twitter account in order to enter.
14. On Wednesday 1st March 2017 at midday and 4:30pm, Cardiff Blues will tweet an entry post on the @cardiff_blues Twitter account found at www.twitter.com/cardiff_blues (the Entry Post).
15. To enter, entrants must:
1. follow @cardiff_blues; and
2. re-tweet the Entry Post.
16. The Promotion opens midday on 1st March 2017 and closes on 1st March 2017 at 23.59.
17. Entrants must complete steps 15(a) and (b) before the Promotion closes in order to enter the Promotion.
18. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. No entrant can use their computer to enable multiple entries, (e.g. by the use of 'script' or 'brute force' or the use of automated devices or processes). In the event of this happening that person's entry and all associated multiple entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. Third party or bulk registrations will be excluded from this Promotion.
19. Stage 2 of the Promotion requires five entrants to attend a match and take part in a half-time kicking activity.
20. Five entrants who have completed Stage 1 will be randomly selected to take part in Stage 2 of the Promotion.
21. The five will receive an invitation along with two match tickets to the following match: Cardiff Blues v Munster Pro12, KO: 5.15pm on 04 March 2017 at BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park (the Match), and further details via Direct Message on Twitter on Thursday 2nd March 2017.
22. The five entrants must confirm their attendance by responding to the Direct Message before midday on Friday 27 January.
23. If a chosen entrant does not respond to confirm their attendance or cannot attend then an alternative entrant will be chosen following the steps set out at clauses 20 and 21.
Taking part in Kick-Off with Crabbie’s
24. Stage 2 of the Promotion will take place on Saturday 04 March 2017, during the Half-time period of the Match.
25. Entrants must bring a form of ID to prove they are over 18 (Passport or Driving Licence).
26. Entrants must fill out their personal details in a form, and sign a waiver before taking part in Stage 2 of the Promotion.
27. Entrants must be wearing suitable footwear to take part (ie rugby boots or similar).
28. Each entrant will have 3 attempts to drop-kick or punt the ball to hit the crossbar of the posts from the centre of the pitch. Hitting the side posts does not count.
All kicks must be from 15 metres away from the posts.
29. The entrant who successfully hits the bar the most times (out of three) will win a signed Cardiff Blues rugby ball.
30. If the number of successful drop kicks is tied between two or more entrants after the initial three attempts, the winner will be decided by way of a sudden-death round. This sudden-death round would require the entrants to drop-kick the ball between the posts from 15 metres alternately until one scores and the others miss
31. Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be given.
32. The winner’s name and photo will be published on the official Cardiff Blues website, Twitter account and Facebook page.
33. Photos of the other contestants will also be published on the official Cardiff Blues website, Twitter account and Facebook page.
34. The names and countries of address of the winner and the four other entrants will be available on request for a period of 3 months after the promotion has closed by sending a SAE clearly marked Crabbie’s Kick-Off to the Promoter’s address below.
35. The Promoter is Halewood International Ltd, The Sovereign Distillery, Wilson Road, Huyton Business Park, Liverpool, L36 6AD. All communication regarding this promotion should be forwarded in writing to: Michelle Raworth, Crabbie’s Kick-Off at the above address.
36. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
37. The Promoter is a signatory to the Portman Code and promotes responsible drinking. DrinkAware.co.uk for the facts