The waiting is over, the wraps are off and today Cardiff Blues have gone... GREEN!!
Cardiff Blues unveiled the region’s exciting new European shirt for the 2014/15 season at the BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park in front of hundreds of fans at our big Family Fun Day!
And this season we are going green thanks to an exciting partnership with sponsor DS Smith!
At the Cardiff Blues we are now pledging to do all we can to help the environment and have launched our SIX COMMITMENTS to do just that:
- Blues players pledge to take a total of six minute showers for the entire squad post match.
- Fans are encouraged to use public transport on match days – take a ‘selfie’ on public transport (train, bus, walking or cycling) and tweet Cardiff Blues at @cardiff_blues with the #bluesgogreen to be entered into a prize draw at the end of the 14/15 season.
- Cardiff Blues are actively working towards reducing their energy consumption around the ground.
- All bins around BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park will be replaced with recycling facilities.
- All match day cups will be changed to recyclable cups.
- For every green jersey sold, Cardiff Blues will donate a percentage of the profit to Keep Wales Tidy.
Richard Holland, Chief Executive at Cardiff Blues, said: “We are delighted to reveal our new European jersey and this season a bright and striking green shirt also carries a very serious environmental message.
“At Cardiff Blues we are totally committed to helping the environment and to ensure we go green and so have introduced the six commitments this season to help us deliver that aim.
“We hope that fans embrace the new green jersey and every time we sell a shirt they will be helping as we make a donation to Keep Wales Tidy.”
Tim Price, Marketing Director at DS Smith, said: “As proud sponsors of Cardiff Blues, we are delighted to be working with everyone at the BT Cardiff Arms Park to ensure that fans, coaches, players, staff and management can all help deliver on the promise to ‘Turn The Blues Green’.
“Ever since our partnership with the Blues we have been working with them to make day to day operations, and the match day experience, more sustainable. However, the ‘Turning The Blues Green’ initiative is a real step forward as everyone at the region makes a real commitment to help make sure that sport plays its part in creating sustainable living.
“The launch of the new green jersey is a great statement of intent, but is backed up with a series of green pledges that will make a real difference. We are also excited about working with other partners and fellow sponsors, such as Wessex Garages and Keep Wales Tidy, to enhance the green credentials at the Blues.”
The new green European jersey is available NOW at the Cardiff Blues store and online at www.cardiffblues.com from next week.
Thank you for your support as we go green this season!