Josh Adams will make his British & Irish Lions Test debut in Saturday's Castle Lager Lions Series decider against South Africa at Cape Town.
Head coach Warren Gatland makes a total of six changes following last week's defeat, with Cardiff star Adams introduced to the back three alongside international team-mate Liam Williams.
Adams remains the tour's top try scorer, having scored eight tries in four outings to date, but missed out on selection for the opening two Tests.
Two further changes are made to the backline with Bundee Aki drafted into the midfield to form an all-Irish centre partnership with Robbie Henshaw, while Ali Price returns to the number nine jersey.
Wyn Jones recovers from a shoulder injury to start in the front row as hooker Ken Owens make his first Test start for the Lions following four appearances from the bench over the past two tours.
Replacements Adam Beard, Sam Simmonds and Finn Russell are also set for their first Test involvements in the famous red jersey, while Kyle Sinckler is named on the bench ahead of his disciplinary hearing.
“The matchday 23 have an incredibly special opportunity in front of them – to seal a Lions Series victory in South Africa,” said Gatland.
“It doesn’t get much bigger than this and we’re excited by the challenge that faces us on Saturday.
“We’ve no excuses from last week, the Springboks put us under pressure in the second half and deserved the win. We have to be much better than that second half performance, and I believe we will be.”
SOUTH AFRICA v THE BRITISH & IRISH LIONS
Saturday 7 August 2021
Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town
Kick-off: 5pm (BST)
15. Liam Williams (Scarlets, Wales) #833
14. Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby, Wales) #836
13. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht Rugby, Ireland) #837
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #841
10. Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints, Wales) #821
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #843
1. Wyn Jones (Scarlets, Wales) #842
2. Ken Owens (Scarlets, Wales) #829
3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #818
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, England) #825
5. Alun Wyn Jones – captain (Ospreys, Wales) #761
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, England) #826
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, England) #853
8. Jack Conan (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #839
16. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, England) #851
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, England) #787
18. *Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, England) #814 – subject to outcome of disciplinary hearing.
19. Adam Beard (Ospreys, Wales) #852
20. Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, England) #849
21. Conor Murray (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #790
22. Finn Russell (Racing 92, Scotland) #835
23. Elliot Daly (Saracens, England) #822